Tel: (+254) 202842000 or 45622361-4
Fax: (+254) 202718103 or 45622430
Set against the magnificent backdrop of Africa’s highest mountain, the glittering Mount Kilimanjaro, the luxury Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge enjoys a uniquely privileged position at the heart of this world-famous national park.
Secluded within a grove of acacia trees, the safari lodge looks out over the golden savannah plains, with uninterrupted views of the mountain itself. Close by are a series of emerald green swamps, which are fed by the melting snows of Kilimanjaro. These, the only sources of water in this otherwise starkly beautiful but arid park, attract huge numbers of wallowing elephants, hippos, buffalos and plains game. Meanwhile, from the prehistoric site of Observation Hill, the sunset over Kilimanjaro is magnificent.
Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge is located within Amboseli National Park, which lies approximately 250 kilometres from Nairobi and close to the Tanzanian border.
By road: transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 4 hours.
By air: the airstrip is 11 kms from lodge and a ‘meet and greet’ and transfer service can be offered (Please let us know your arrival time in advance).
92 rooms (inclusive of family rooms and suites: all non-smoking)
- Central dining room, internal and external bar
- Free form swimming pool and sundeck
- Gift shop and business centre
- Guided nature walks or bird-watching walks
- Dinner in the bush, breakfast on the plains
- Watch the sun go down over Mount Kilimanjaro
- Spacious interior bar with exterior terrace. Separate exterior campfire bar Visit to Maasai communities, opportunities to buy Maasai handicrafts
- Maasai dance performances in dedicated exterior bush BBQ area. Resident guitarist
- Satellite TV (in communal areas only)
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- Conference centre
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children’s dining/menus
- Massages, facials, pedicures, manicures
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification